A monthly round-up of eDiscovery industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from July 2020.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news in July included the end of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Program, a new safe harbor in New Jersey, law firm cybersecurity concerns, and continuing adaption to remote work due to COVID-19:
- End of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Program
- New Safe Harbor in New Jersey
- Law Firm Cybersecurity Concerns
- Continuing Adaptation to COVID-19
New eDiscovery cases discussed in July include:
New industry publications released in July include:
In July, XDD published two new blog articles, three new press releases, and a new educational webinar:
- Educational Webinar
- Gone Viral: Social Media in eDiscovery – As a review of almost any day’s news will demonstrate, social media remains an influential, indispensable part of American life – for better or for worse. And, as social media has been working its way ever deeper into our relationships, our professional activities, and our culture as a whole, its impact on discovery has been growing as well. Unfortunately, the nature, diversity, and volume of social media data continue to present a variety of technical and legal challenges for practitioners. In this free, one-hour educational webinar – newly updated for 2020, XDD Director of Education Matthew Verga, JD, reviews the things practitioners need to know about dealing with social media in eDiscovery, including: what sources there are; what data those sources contain; how that data can be collected; how it can be authenticated; and Issues of ethics, reliability, and more.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.