A monthly round-up of industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from June 2019.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news from June include a new CEO at Relativity, a new US-EU evidence agreement in the works, and a new set of rules in Michigan:
- A New US-EU Evidence Agreement
- A New Set of Rules in Michigan
New eDiscovery cases discussed in June include:
New industry publications released in June include:
In June, XDD published two new blog articles, a new podcast episode, and a new technology demonstration webinar:
- Blog Articles
- Review Fundamentals Series:
- XDD’s First Chair Podcast
- Episode 02: Paul Laven and Chris Chapman on TAR 2.0 – Each month, XDD’s First Chair podcast invites one or more guest experts to sit down with XDD Director of Education Matthew Verga, JD, for a 20-30 minute conversation about a single, important eDiscovery topic. In our second episode, XDD Senior Director of Relativity Analytics Paul Laven and XDD Director of Relativity Analytics Chris Chapman discuss the new active learning approaches often referred to as TAR 2.0.
- Technology Demonstration Webinar
- XDD Esquify Managed Review Technology Demonstration – The most recent addition to XDD’s technologies for managed review is Esquify, the world’s first AI-driven workforce management platform for legal projects. The incorporation of Esquify adds powerful productivity, benchmarking and analytics tools that enable real-time manager oversight, optimization of managed review team performance and identification of actionable insights to increase project efficiency and quality. In this free webinar, Esquify founder and XDD VP Drew Stern demonstrates the capabilities of Esquify and the ways it enhances XDD’s Managed Document Review Services.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.